Monday, October 27, 2008

People will always let you down, but God will never disappoint you.

I just wish people would do the things they said they would do, keep the commitments they said they would, come to the places they said they would be when they said they would be there. Some circumstances are unavoidable, I understand that. There are just somethings that you just have to cancel other things for. But this... can't you go and buy a car tomorrow? "I'm supposed to do this thing tonight, but I'll just tell her we have to do it later, because I don't feel like it, and I'd much rather buy a car." NEWS FLASH: sometimes we have to do things we don't feel like doing. Today, I didn't feel like singing in chapel with Resonanz, or going to work, but I did both of those because I said I would. This thing is really important to me. But I guess you're just too caught up in whatever the hell it is YOU want to give a damn about things that are important to other people.

I know that I'm a control freak, and that sometimes I wish I could control what other people do, make them do the things they said they would, keep their commitments. And I know that I can't make people keep their promises. Only God really keeps his promises. He's the only one that can truly do EVERYTHING he says he will. And I have to learn to be okay with just God keeping his promises. I have to learn to let that be a comfort to me. But it's not really a comfort at this point. It's still a disappointment that the people who say they'll do something won't really do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment