Tuesday, May 20, 2014

5 Reasons I'm Failing at Being an Adult

I do pretty well with this whole "being an adult" thing. I have a job, I pay my bills, I feed myself. But sometimes, it's really only those basics that happen.

1. I can't keep my bedroom clean. 
Seriously. I literally don't remember the last time I cleaned it, and now it looks like a hoarder lives here. I keep everything in vaguely organized piles on the floor.

Source

2. I have trouble answering emails and returning phone calls. 
I'm always at work when I get them and I think, "Oh, I'll answer those later." Lol, NOPE.

3. I don't know how to write a resumé. 
Really. I never learned how to do this.

4. I avoid making doctor's appointments. 
It's mostly because I haven't gotten around to looking for one. Because that sounds like work.

Source

5. I didn't back up my hard drive. 
This seems to me like a basic thing that most computer-using folks do, but I didn't do it. And so when my computer was stolen last month I lost all of my files including my last NaNoWriMo attempt which was unfinished but 30,000 WORDS OF STUFF I ACTUALLY LIKED.

Source

What about you guys? Which "being an adult" tasks always manage to get left undone in your house?

2 comments:

  1. I flagged an email for follow up in early March. I still haven't dealt with it. And the task that never gets done when I'm in charge? THE DUSTING. I hate it so much and I don't really see the point in it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel that way about making the bed. What's the point? I'm just going to sleep in it later.

      Delete