Sunday, March 4, 2012

Beer + Ice Cream = blog post. Sort of.

So, it's Sunday night and I find myself lacking two essential items:

Beer. And ice cream.

Go ahead and laugh. I'll be here when you're done.




Had a nice chuckle? Ready? Good.

As I was saying, essentials. Beer and ice cream. These are two things which are most important for a productive (and enjoyable) day off. After all, they did provide me with a post for you lovely folks.

Back to business. I decided to venture to Walmart to purchase said items. I pulled my car into the parking lot, but regretfully couldn't make it to a parking space very efficiently.

Do you know why?

There was a cute little family-- mom, dad, and baby walking down the middle of the parking lot aisle.

Now, on my long list of pet peeves, this is pretty high up. Of course, I say that about all the rest, too. 

After parking I saw this kind of parking lot travesty twice more.

Am I the only one who sees the problem with this?

Sure, pedestrians have the right of way. But I also have the right to say all manner of horrible things about and to another person. (That constitutionally protected right of free speech and all.) But that hardly means I'm going to take advantage of that right.

It's the same with parking lots. You have the right of way if you want to walk in the middle of the parking lot. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to run you over.

But please don't. I don't want to spend any longer than I have to looking for a parking spot. I hate looking for parking places almost as much as I hate Walmart.

There's plenty of room for you to walk on the side and for me to pass you. We can share.

You know what sharing is, right? It's that thing that you're supposed to learn in kindergarten while you're in that "ME ME ME" phase?

But that's okay. It's possible you never grew out of that phase. I've been seeing that a lot lately.

The moral of the story is, kids:

If you're walking in a parking lot, you'll make the drivers a little bit happier if you don't walk in the middle. Please, step aside. You'll still get to where you're going, and since I won't have to wait for you, there's less of a chance of me getting road rage.

1 comment: