Thursday, November 3, 2011

I Am

I am nothing more than a small child throwing a tantrum because they can't have their way.

I always want to be able to do it myself.

I am on a constant quest for independence. 

I am a sinner.

I desire a life apart from God.

Hear my confession.

I confess that I am lost without Christ. I confess that anything I attempt on my own, without Him, I fail. I confess that I want nothing more than complete and utter independence. I confess that I constantly stray from God. I confess that I try to live on my own terms, and fail. I confess that while I desire a life apart from God, I recognize that this isn't possible.

I don't deserve God's grace. I don't deserve for Him to constantly come and find me when I lose my way. But He does. He always does. His grace is endless, His love relentless. I am constantly caught between my own sin, and His grace, a seemingly endless struggle between my will and His.


I am like Israel, constantly running away from God, then returning, seemingly full of repentance.

I am nothing more than a sheep, and
I would be lost without my Shepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment