Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Summer Reading

While I didn't find a job, I've read quite a few books this summer, to my delight. During the school year, I never get to read for pleasure.

Books I've read this summer:
Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice
  • Interview with the Vampire
  • The Vampire Lestat
  • Queen of the Damned
  • The Tale of the Body Thief
Twilight and New Moon by Stephanie Meyer
Dead Man Walking by Sister Helen Prejean (well, mostly. I still have one chapter to go)

With the exception of the first and last books listed, the books I've read required little to no brain power. And I'm definitely okay with that. I'm all for books that make you think, but from time to time I do enjoy books that have little to no moral, cultural, or political significance.

For the most part, this summer has been very relaxing, and I'm sorry to see it end. I wish I could just stay home and read books.

No comments:

Post a Comment