- Being Killed In My Sleep.
- Open Doors While I Sleep. I cannot sleep if the door to the room, or the closet door is open while I sleep. This is directly related to #1. I'm afraid someone will creep in the open door and kill me before I ever hear them come in.
- Being Alone At Night. My roommate and I keep a metal softball bat in our front hall closet. When she's away, I have to keep it on the floor next to my bed while I sleep. This is also related to #1.
- Looking Into Mirrors In The Dark. It's the whole "Bloody Mary" thing that grade school kids do. They scarred me for life.
- Showering At Night. I never saw Psycho, but I know the pretty girl gets killed in the shower. I'm always terrified that someone is going to pull back the curtain and attack me with a knife. Again, related to #1.
(I must confess I didn't come up with this post on my own. I read a list of irrational fears on another blog. I think it was here. Or here. I can't quite remember. Oops.)