Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Good Riddance. (I didn't have the time of my life.)

So this is the week when bloggers post their end of year recap posts. What they loved and hated about the year, what they're looking forward to in the coming year.

I don't even know where to start.

2011 was...interesting.

Let's examine the pros and cons, shall we? Do you want the good news or the bad news first?

You want the good news first, don't you? Yep.

Pros of 2011
  • I discovered Spotify. Seriously, if you aren't using Spotify yet, I feel sad for you.
  • We all discovered that I can be really judgmental, via my short-lived blog series "Why Wednesday." It has it's own tab up top. Wait...maybe this should be on the "cons" list...
  • We also discovered that occasionally I can write good fiction. I posted some here, which you can find on the tab up there labeled "Stuff I Made Up."
  • I learned that I will never be able to understand just how deep and endless God's love for me is. 
  • Sometimes God leads us into the desert, to teach us things, to get us to rely on him. (This feels like a bad thing to me, but I know that it really is good, in the end.)
  • I attempted NaNoWriMo. I failed, but I still tried!
  • I got hired at Starbucks! That green apron is an instant "cool" stamp. 
  • I became an aunt again, and a great-aunt for the first time! That makes a grand total of 7 nieces, 1 nephew and 1 great-nephew!
Cons of 2011
  • I decided I don't want to be living in Branson anymore.
  • Next month means I've been living here for two years.
  • My grandfather died last May, of cancer. I still miss him so much.
  •  I have NO IDEA what I'm supposed to do next. I feel pretty lost right now.
  • This cons list is short. 

It doesn't feel like 2011 had more pros than cons. I'm just done with it. I'm nervous about what the future will hold, but I want it to get here. Pronto. 

No comments:

Post a Comment