Friday, December 13, 2013

Eight Months Later...

It's been eight months since I last blogged. I stopped because I didn't have anything to say. I felt like anything I could possibly put into words here would be mere internet noise, not contributing anything to anyone, and certainly not worth anyone's time.

And in those eight months, I think I've realized something. Maybe that's not necessarily the point of writing, of blogging. Certainly a lot of people blog and write to help someone else, to contribute something. But maybe there's a whole other group out there who write for another reason.

Because they have to. Because they have words inside them that they have to put down, whether or not someone actually reads them and values them. I feel like this sometimes. I want to be a writer, although I can't quite figure out why. I've always kept a journal, albeit not always consistently. I've blogged for a few years now, also not consistently.

So what do I want to achieve with this renewed blogging effort? I'm still not quite sure. Perhaps it's more discipline in my writing, making more of an effort to write at all, even if it is just relaying my boring life to all seven of you who are actually interested.

This blog, like my life is a work in progress. I don't have my shit together, so bear with me, friends. I'll do my best to keep you entertained.

3 comments:

  1. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! I missed you in non-Twitter/Tumblr/Instagram/Facebook form <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kirsti. This comment actually brightened my day a lot. :)

      Delete