Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Well, I lived.

"Polar Vortex." That sounds appropriately daunting, doesn't it?

On Saturday, in preparation for the impending doom, I wrote that this could be the apocalypse. But I lived.

In all seriousness, this was one of the craziest winter storms I've ever seen. When I woke up yesterday morning at 4am, it was -8 degrees Fahrenheit. It was the kind of cold where you feel like you'll never be warm again. There's so much snow still on the streets, that St. Louis Public Schools has cancelled school for the third day in a row. The city announced there's no parking enforcement until January 13th. When I went to work on Monday, I passed car after car that had been abandoned after getting stranded in the snow.

I did have some fun, though. On Sunday, when the snow was falling, my roommates and I dug our cars out so we wouldn't have to do it in sub-zero temperatures. Afterwards, we played in the snow and had an awesome time.


Adults like snow days as much as kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment