Saturday, January 4, 2014

In Which I Lament My Impending Demise

Snowpocalypse. Snowmageddon.

Source

At some point, every winter, these words are bandied about, joking about the various amounts of snow that happen to have fallen at that particular point in the season.

While St. Louis is forecasted to receive between 6-10 inches of snow tonight through Sunday, it's not the snow I'm worried about. It's this forecast, (Source is on the above link.) regarding the temperatures early next week:

"COLDEST TEMPERATURES IN 15-25 YEARS ARE ANTICIPATED ON MONDAY AND TUESDAY MORNINGS. BELOW 0 WITH WIND CHILLS OF 20 TO 30 BELOW."

Those temperatures are in Fahrenheit. Weather.com's forecast for Monday is 2 degrees Fahrenheit.

2. That's all. Just...2. 

If you're in Celsius, that's -16.

I am convinced this is the apocalypse and nothing you say will be able to convince me otherwise.

Someone get me the Winchesters.
Source    
 If they can't stop the impending doom, they'll at least be able to keep me warm while I die.

In other news, I'm doing my first Photo-a-Day challenge over on my Instagram!

This is a challenge I found on Pinterest. It's from a blog I don't follow, but is listed on the image.

Go and follow along!

Friends, if you haven't heard from me by about Wednesday or so, send help. I may be frozen in my bed.

4 comments:

  1. The high for Chicago tomorrow is -9. Let that sink in a bit...

    ...

    ...

    ...

    I'm slightly worried about Bandit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate snow, but I'll take some if it comes with a side of Winchesters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far, they haven't shown their pretty faces. I might actually die ALONE in my bed.

    ReplyDelete