Wednesday, December 10, 2008

finals week kills me twice a year

I'm done will all of my finals, my tests and such. But I still have some things I need to finish up. I need to catch up on my lab reflections for conducting. I've been really bad about that. I also have to finish my paper for Music History. I really should force myself to work on these things tonight, but I just don't have the energy. Last night, I went to bed at 2am and woke up at 7am. I'm not loving this 5 hrs of sleep thing very much. So I'm going to go to bed pretty soon so I can be rested for tomorrow. I'm working a crapload of hours tomorrow. (that reminds me, I forgot to do my timesheet for last week. that might be bad.) And I have to do all that stuff I just mentioned.

Oh! Today I had my voice jury. I leveled up! (to explain, when you take lessons for credit, there are different skill levels. for voice, there's 2000, 3000, and 4000. I leveled up from 3000 to 4000) I was very excited. Also, I had my final conducting lab today. I conducted Set Me as a Seal by Rene Clausen. It was so cool. We got to conduct Kapelle. I've never conducted that well (I know my experience is limited, but still). The song really resonated with me when I did it with Kapelle for Fall Tour. It really meant something to me. That song was inside me, in my heart. And since it was in my heart, everything else came. I didn't even really have to think about it. I don't know if it was mainly because the song really resonated with me or because I knew it so well, but my hands just...did it. It was like they were on autopilot, but I still had control. And because of that, I was free to listen. I could hear everything. And I was paying attention to the right parts at the right times. It was so amazing. It wasn't perfect, but it was still pretty good. I loved it so much.

I'll be glad when finals week is over, when everything is finally done.

No comments:

Post a Comment