Thursday, December 4, 2008

I miss blogging....

I've been wanting to write a blog for SO long, but I've been so busy. I have a huge paper due tomorrow (well, just the rough draft-I only technically have to turn in half of it) and I haven't even started yet. I have my sources, and I have an outline, I just have to write it all. My paper is for 20th Century Music History and Techniques. We have to write a term paper about a 20th century composer who is still alive. All the good ones got taken early, and so I've been struggling to find a composer, and I've finally settled on John Corigliano. I've heard of him, I think, but I'm not familiar with any of his music. Oh! Except that he wrote the score for the movie, The Red Violin, which I've seen. So I'm thinking it'll be a long night. I'm definitely not going to pull an all-nighter, but I will stay in the Kretzmann Computer Lab until late. They lock up at around 11pm, but normally let you stay in the building until about 1:30pm (which doesn't ever happen in any other building). They sure like us musicians around here.

Ugh. I have a headache. It's because it got super cold all of a sudden. I hate it. It was so cold today.

We've been searching frantically for a roommate this week, seeing as the end of the semester is fast approaching. Sam and I were freaking out a little bit, but we posted our apartment on a few different sites, and got some replies that look really promising. One girl is coming on Monday to see the apartment. She seems like a good fit, and she's really interested.

Thanksgiving was awesome. I went to Springfield, MO to spend the holiday with my boyfriend Shannon. We hadn't seen each other in a really long time and that was really starting to take a toll on us. Thanksgiving was really good for us. I also needed it to sort of de-stress, to take some time and not do any schoolwork at all. I can't wait for New Year's. I'm going back down there after Christmas, which is in less than a month. I'm so excited!

Sigh. This blog made me happy. I want to try and blog more, but with the end of the semester, I just don't have as much free time to blog and check facebook and such. It makes me sad. I can't wait for Christmas break. I need it so badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment