Friday, February 5, 2010

I had a job interview today at a very nice, rather high-end retail outlet store. The interview went really well. The manager even said she really liked me. We got along really well. But then at the end of the interview, she told me that last week her district manager came to visit and told her that she was overstaffed.

I was really gracious and nice and appreciative. I thanked her for her time and said all the right things, but on the inside, my blood was boiling. I am so angry. If she knew she was overstaffed and couldn't hire me, why did she bother to interview me?! I can't figure out a logical explanation for this.

I got all excited only to get a HUGE let-down. I am so pissed.

2 comments:

  1. because as soon as someone gets canned, and they are looking for someone, you'd be one of the first people they look for.

    still sucks though....i'm not doing well on the job hunt either. but, we shall overcome.

    ~joe s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Joe. But now you have a job! And maybe you could call them back and let them know you got this other position, but you're still available for morning hours or something. Those tend to be harder b/c they can't get high school kids. No worries! You have a job, yay!

    -Sam

    ReplyDelete