Friday, July 2, 2010

Update, I guess?

I haven't really been that into the internet lately. I've been working a lot, and so when I come home all I really want to do is crash on my big comfy chair and be a vegetable. But someone told me this week that they missed my blogs, so here I am, trying to write again.

Many things have happened since I wrote last. I went to Bri and G's wedding and realized how much I miss my friends from Concordia. Sometimes my heart aches when I think about them, I miss them so much. (Can I tell you a secret? Sometimes I wonder if my years at college really WERE the best years of my life. I miss everyone so much.)

Work has been...interesting. One of my co-workers was a really toxic person. The kind of person who pretends to be everyone's best friend but is really spreading animosity, division and is ultimately poison disguised as a human. I know this may sound harsh, but it felt like Satan trying to wear down my soul. I was considering quitting my job because of her. But she's no longer employed at the theatre. And now it feels so much more relaxed there. I never really struggled much with being "in" the world but not "of" the world until I knew her. It was so easy to slip into her gossip and drama. It was definitely a learning experience, and while she caused a lot of pain, I'm a little grateful I went through it. I think it was a lesson I needed to learn. Maybe I've said too much. I can only hope she doesn't read this. She knows where I live.


Speaking of work, my manager is awesome. She has become one of my best friends. I truly believe God sent her to me.

Anyway, I guess that's it for now. I'll try and think of something cleverer to say next time.

1 comment: