1. I'm doing this because my mom tagged me and said I should do it. But I won't tag anyone else. Deal with it.
2. I HATE being alone. I'm not a people person by any stretch of the definition, but I hate being alone. The seven months I lived by myself were some of the loneliest of my life.
3. I can't watch the movie "Definitely Maybe" without my heart aching and my eyes tearing up. It's just a little too close to home.
4. Sometimes I feel like no one really sees me.
5. Occasionally I feel like a failure for being 24 years old and having NO CLUE what to do with my life. And then I realize how stupid that is.
6. I LOVE TV. Too much. It's really sad.
7. I get bored with the internet sometimes. Occasionally, I'll go through these periods of about two weeks where I won't even TOUCH my computer.
8. I've read all the Twilight books. I feel so ashamed. I got curious, and then I couldn't stop. It was a compulsion. I NEEDED to find out the ending.
9. I hate lying. I hate it when people lie to me, and I hate lying to other people.
10. Related to #9 above, I don't like to sugarcoat things. Sometimes I'm too blunt with people.
11. When I was a kid, my heart would sting with jealousy when my friends would talk about their parents who were still together. It still happens occasionally.
12. I love guacamole. If I have a huge bowl sitting in front of me, I WILL eat the entire thing.
13. I won't apologize if I don't mean it. I won't even give a half-apology. For example, "I'm sorry what I said offended you." It's not a real apology. I won't give an apology like that, and I hate hearing them.
14. I don't like Thanksgiving. I love the food. But I don't think gorging ourselves on too much food is a good way to be thankful, when there are people starving all over the world. We should be thankful every day, not just one day a year. Also, I have serious reservations about a holiday whose origins stem from a group of people who stole land from other people before giving them diseases they had no immune defense for.
15. Since we're on the note of holidays, I'm also kind of a Scrooge when it comes to Christmas. I'm EXTREMELY personal and introspective about Christmas. I don't like commercial Christmas music, however I do love traditional Christmas carols. I hate how materialistic Christmas has become, and how all it is now is about what we're giving and getting for Christmas. Okay, I think I'm done with my soapbox now.
16. I get jealous of witty and clever people, because I always feel like I'm unintentionally funny.
17. I have a friend from Concordia (you know who you are) who always seems to know everything about a person just by watching them. He would always purposefully push my buttons and try to get me to admit the things about myself I didn't want anyone to know. It used to make me so angry, but now I kind of miss it.
18. I felt like such a sellout when I got twitter. I still feel ashamed every now and then.
19. You know that cold where you step outside and your nose hairs freeze, where you breath in and your chest hurts because it's so cold? I LOVE that cold.
20. Patience is not something I do well. But I have even LESS patience with stupid people, people with a constant need for attention, or mean people.
21. Sometimes it shocks me how much of a grown-up I am. And then I'm proud of myself.
22. I really dislike cleaning. It's kind of a good thing I don't have a boyfriend, because my part of the apartment is a DISASTER area.
23. I don't cook. Not so much because I can't or don't like it, but because it's mostly just for myself. It's almost like if I can't really justify going through the hassle of it if it's just for me.
24. If you told me a year ago that by now I'd have moved to a city where I didn't know a single person and that I'd have a job in customer service, I'd have laughed in your face.
25. My fish died.
26. I LOVE reading. More than anything. Okay, that's not true, but you get my drift. Ever since I was little, I've loved reading. Part of why I love it is because I've always been able to vividly imagine what's happening in the book. I can picture everything. It's almost like TV, except you're using actual brain cells.
27. I hate how a lot of Christians identify themselves not by their faith, Christianity, but by the denomination they belong to. It only further emphasizes the divisions among us. (see I Corinthians 1:10-13)
28. Sometimes I wonder if I'm completely repulsive to the opposite sex, which would explain why I legitimately can't remember the last time I went on a date.
29. In the church that I'm going to now, every Sunday after the offertory we sing the doxology. And I can't sing it without thinking of Kapelle.
30. This was actually kind of fun. Mom was right. As usual.
Other things you might not know about me:
31. This winter is going to be REALLY depressing. I'm going to miss snow.
32. Related to # 31, everyone here in Branson complaining about how cold it is at 32 degrees or whatever is going to get REALLY old. Wimps.
33. Sometimes I wonder if I'm really cut out for marriage and motherhood and all that stuff people expect women to want. I think I'm a little selfish and uncompromising.
34. I've only ever voted once, and it was in the Presidential election in 2004. I'd just turned 18.
35. I desperately want to be a legitimate writer, not just a sometimes/mediocre blogger. But I'm not nearly organized enough, and I don't think I have enough will power. My brain just seems like the inside of a pumpkin sometimes--all jumbled up.
36. I'm SO sick of Justin Bieber. He looks and sounds like a chipmunk.
37. I'm not a fan of Josh Groban. His vibrato is weird. Get over it.
38. I'm allergic to copious amounts of sentimentality. I shudder every time I hear a song, see a movie or TV show, etc. that is laden with it.
40. In case you haven't already figured it out, I'm basically a walking contradiction.