Thursday, August 4, 2011

Practically Perfect In Every Way

Just like Mary Poppins.

No, not me.
Something that happened at work tonight.

It was just like out of the movies.
Here, let me tell you a story.

Once upon a time, I was doing dishes.
We were closed, and it was only myself
and my shift supervisor, Megan left.

I was attempting to disassemble
the pump we use for the mocha sauce.
But my hands were wet, and I was having difficulties.

So I took it to Megan, and asked for help.

Now, the next part is really important.
When she disassembled the mocha pump,
the mocha inside of it splattered.
ALL. OVER. MY FACE.

Now, with a little help from Paint,
I tried to recreate the magic for you.



Doesn't really do it justice.
But I for serious made that face.

It was the type of thing that only happens in movies,
and it happened to me.

It was perfect.
There was the brilliant clumsy physical comedy,
the pause to register what just happened,
and then then Megan's laughter
followed by my very deadpan
"I would like a towel, please."

I was actually a little disappointed that
no one else was there to see it.

If I could film a reenactment for all of you,
I would.
But it's the type of thing that
I'm fairly certain I couldn't make happen again.

Even my story is lacking.
But I had to try and tell it.
It was so magical,
I just had to share it with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment