Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Trust Me, You'll Thank Me Later

As you could probably tell,
I've gradually been increasing my online presence.
I can't believe I just used that term.
"Online presence."
I sound like such a tool.
Whatever. You know what I mean.
Lately I've gradually been blogging/facebooking/tweeting more.
I just couldn't stay away.
I missed you too much, internet friends.

Anyhow, the real point of this post is the Grand Return of. . . .

WHY WEDNESDAY!

...day
...day
...day
...day!


In my head, that was all deep-voiced and echo-y.

I am REALLY sick of seeing bad parenting everywhere.
Granted, I am not a parent. I have no plans of becoming one anytime soon.
But I know what bad parenting looks like.

I suppose the more specific things I'm speaking of are parents who let their children treat them like crap.

At my job, I have the privilege of observing all manner people. I have the benefit of seeing lots of people interact with each other. This includes parents and children.

The real point is, it never ceases to amaze me the number of parents who let their children backtalk to them. I mean, the things children are allowed to say to their parents! If I said some of those things to my parents when I was young, (or perhaps even now) I would have gotten in SERIOUS trouble.

So my real question is to parents. Why? Why do you tolerate such disrespect from your own offspring, from the life you brought forth into this world? You gave birth to them, you provide for them, the least they can do is learn to not talk back to you.

I mean, think about it. If they learn it's okay to speak to you that way, they'll start speaking to EVERYONE that way. And then as adults, they'll be those bitches no one wants to be around because they're stupid and selfish and snotty.

Do you want adult children who are stupid
and selfish
and snotty?
I didn't think so.

So do your children, and the rest of society a favor, and discipline your children. Believe me, they'll thank you for it later when they become healthy, friendly, likeable, productive members of society.


2 comments:

  1. Amen sista friend! I always feel bad when I critisize people's parenting skills because I'm not a parent... but I feel I can do some because I work with their kids and I see how they act. UGH.

    And I can't believe you said "online presence." You tool.

    Just kidding! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's partly why I was so desperate to get out of the daycare industry. I hated always feeling upset that I was with kids ten hours a day and their parents weren't. I would get upset when kids obeyed me and not their parents.

    ReplyDelete