Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving and stuff. Blah blah.

Ah, the obligatory Thanksgiving post. Like the obligatory Christmas post, New Years' post, and Fourth of July post, I dread this one.

I could post about the irony of people celebrating being thankful for things by gorging themselves on food, followed by a day which is the definition of greed.

But I won't. I'm sure you all already know how I feel about this.

So here we go. A real, live, "here's what I'm thankful for list." Because it's good to keep count sometimes.

I'm thankful for things like beer, chocolate, coffee, cranberry bliss bars from Starbucks, and computers. Seriously.

I'm thankful for a job. Two, in fact, including a new part time job with some women who are shaping up to be really awesome already.

Speaking of work, I'm thankful for some pretty stellar coworkers at Starbucks. I know I'm high-strung, and not always the easiest to work with. Thanks for being patient with me.

I'm thankful for some pretty awesome roommates, who deal really well with my crazy antics. I'm also thankful they like to cook. Yep.

While we're on the topic of roommates, I'm particularly thankful for my roommate Renee, who also happens to be one of my oldest, closest friends. She has this innate joy in her heart that is contagious, and it is such a privilege to be able to live with her.

I'm thankful to have parents who love and support me always.

 I could go on, but needless to say, I have a lot to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment