On Tuesday last week, my roommate Renee left me. And it broke my heart.
Okay, so I'm being dramatic. She went to New York with her mom and dad for Thanksgiving.
But that's not the point. The point is, I MISSED HER SO MUCH AND SHE JUST GOT BACK YESTERDAY AND I'M SO EXCITED.
I literally tackled her as soon as she walked in the door. Literally. No word abuse involved here. I heard her key turn in the lock, sprinted down the stairs, and gave her a huge, football tackle hug.
9 Reasons Why Renee is the Best Roommate of Ever:
1. She makes jokes about creating a game called The Oregon Trail: Donner Party Edition. And I'm the only who laughs.
2. We stay up into the wee hours of the morning talking and laughing and drinking tea and swooning over Mumford and Sons and being boy crazy.
3. She likes to have conversations with strangers. It's super cute.
4. We do things like make a playlist of all the music we're ashamed to like, full of things like Fun., Hanson, Backstreet Boys, Miley Cyrus, and the Jonas Brothers.
5. She doesn't judge me for my inability to stop watching The Vampire Diaries.
6. She has a strange and endearing affinity for Korean pop music. But not Gangnam Style, so don't even mention it.
7. SHE LOVES TO BAKE. This one is super important.
8. If you look up the word "empathy" in the dictionary, there should be a photo of Renee in there. She seriously loves and empathizes with nearly everyone she meets.
9. In all seriousness, she has an innate joy in her heart,
which she can't help but let out. It's like she just radiates it, and I
instantly feel better when I'm around her.
It's okay, you guys. You can be jealous of me.