Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Adventures in Online Dating, part 2

I logged into the online dating website on Monday, fully intending to shut down my account. I hadn't even been on the website in about two weeks. I'd resolved to give up online dating; it wasn't doing me any good, I wasn't really talking to anyone, and I felt like I was advertising myself the whole time. Also I was tired of the emails clogging up my inbox.

It all seemed like a game I didn't want to play. And going out on a date with someone I don't even know does not seem worth the anxiety I feel over it.

But maybe that's how I feel about dating, even in the real world. I'm just not sure it's worth the anxiety I feel. The thought of going out on a date with anyone is pretty scary.

So on Monday, in my efforts to figure out how to cancel my account, (Which I still haven't found yet, by the way.) I found myself looking at profiles. And then I found myself sending messages.

I'm thinking this is part of this particular website's plan to keep you on their site. They make it difficult for you to cancel your account, and so instead you give up and keep looking at profiles.

I'm going to give it another week. Or however long I feel like.

No comments:

Post a Comment