So a few days ago Kirsti over at Melbourne on My Mind tagged me in this post. So now I'm supposed to share 11 facts about myself and answer 11 of her questions. But I'm not going to tag anyone else. Kirsti already pretty much tagged all of the blogs I follow. Oh, except for two. So here they are:
My Dad! at Thoughts of a Traveler
Racheal, at Memoirs of an Amazon
Now, down to business.
11 Facts About ME
1. I have a tendency to be irrationally afraid of being alone.
My roommate and I keep a softball bat in the front closet, for safety purposes, and when she's gone at night I sleep with it by my bed. You know, in case someone breaks in and tries to kill me in my bed. I'm also irrationally afraid of showering when I'm home alone. I blame the movie Psycho. I've never seen it, but I know the pretty girl gets it when she's showering.
2. I love the smell of library books.
I don't know why. I just do.
3. I really want more tattoos.
I've got one on my back and a small one on my left wrist. But I really want to be one of those girls who can get away with having a huge backpiece, or a sleeve or something. But I don't know what I would get. Sad panda.
4. I stole that phrase "sad panda" from Kirsti.
5. I try and work quotes from Doctor Who into everyday life without anyone noticing.
My most favorite to use is "Just stand there, cos I'm gonna hug you." Recently though I was prompted to use "Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead."
6. I am exceedingly messy.
Anyone who's ever lived with me ever can attest to this.
7. I HATE cooking.
I can cook. A little. But I don't like to. Most of the time it's just too much effort to waste on just myself. My future husband better be able to cook. Just saying.
8. I hate hardcover books.
I only buy paperback books. Hardcovers are expensive, the dustcovers are annoying, and they don't fit easily into a purse.
9. I love guacamole.
If you put a huge bowl of it in front of me, I WILL eat the whole thing. By myself. It's kind of a problem.
10. It takes a lot for me to want to not finish a book or movie.
For me to leave either unfinished, it has to be either really bad or really boring.
11. I have this really awesome ability to be irrationally emotional and logical at the same time.
I'll have a irrational emotional reaction to something, but at the same time I'll be able to recognize the irrationality of the reaction I'm having.
And now, on to the questions!
1. What were your favourite and least favourite classes in school?
Least favourite [I'll go ahead and continue with the non-American spelling of that word. ;)] would be anything math or science related. I HATED IT. Favorite was pretty much anything music, art, or literature related.
2. If you could drop one of the following through a black hole with no possibility of return, which would you pick? a) The Kardashians, b)Octomum, c)Tony Abbott, d) Sarah Palin, or e)Lara Bingle?
First, I don't know who Tony Abbott or Lara Bingle are. So my answer would be pretty much either "a" or "d" is fine with me. Yep.
3. What's the best musical you've ever seen?
Do you realize you just asked someone who studied theatre AND music in college what her favorite musical is?
4. If you could travel to one place on earth without needing to worry about money, where would it be?
I have to pick one? I want to travel everywhere! But if I had to pick one I would say Zihuatanejo, Mexico, but only if I can stay forever. I went there with my family in January and wrote a little about it here. It's beautiful there.
5. Would you rather be trapped in a room full of screaming One Direction fans, or in a room with a flower that smells like rotting meat?
I can abide neither bad smells nor crowds of screaming girls. I really dislike you, Kirsti for putting this question to me. Okay, so...Flower that smells bad. Final answer.
6. Which five fictional characters would you invite to a dinner party?
Hehe. I love this question.
Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
Samwise Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings
Martha, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf
Draco Malfoy, Harry Potter
Hamlet, Hamlet (But only so I can tell him what a dumbass he is!)
Should be an interesting dinner party, huh?
7. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Artist, veterinarian, singer, writer, actress. But right now, I have no clue.
8. If you could go back in time to see one band in concert, which band would it be?
The Beatles. But only if you could guarantee there would be no screaming girls.
9. To quote Cordelia from the pilot episode of Buffy, what's your childhood trauma?
Hmm. Come over and have tea, and I'll tell you all about it.
10. Do you sing in the shower?
Surprisingly, no. I do however sing pretty much everywhere else.
11. Would you rather go to the Louvre or the Metropolitan Museum of Art?
Can I say neither and pick the opera?
Okay, kids. And by kids I mean Dad and Racheal. Here are your 11 questions, should you choose to accept this mission.
1. What's your biggest pet peeve?
2. What's your most embarrassing moment from your childhood?
3. If you were forced to participate in a volatile debate about either religion or politics, which would you choose?
4. What is the best meal you've ever eaten?
5. Who is your favorite fictional character and why?
6. Would you rather watch a presidential debate or an episode of Keeping Up With The Kardashians?
7. What are your top 5 favorite movies?
8. List three words that best describe you.
9. What is the absolute worst movie you've ever seen?
10. Do you have any bad habits?
11. Who has been the most influential person in your life so far?
This message will now self-destruct.