So, friends, this post is brought to you by the letter C. For cold. And complaining. Because it's really cold, and I'm good at complaining.
How to deal with a cold house:
- Drink lots of hot drinks. Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, hot toddies, whatever floats your boat. I'm on my second pot of coffee today, just to get a little warm in me.
- Open the curtains. I realize part of the theory behind curtains (besides keeping people from seeing you naked in your house) is to insulate the windows from the rest of the room. But sunlight=heat. If you let in the sunlight, the room will get a little bit warmer.
- Wear all of your clothes at once. Seriously. Layers are key. Wear two pairs of socks if you have to, anything to avoid your extremities feeling like popsicles.
- Sleep a lot. This one is tricky. The covers on your bed will be very cold at first from unuse, so it'll be difficult for you. But if you can be brave, stick it out, eventually it won't feel cold anymore. And if you're sleeping, you won't know that it's cold.
- Put lots of blankets on your bed. This will help with the above. I always find the weight of lots and lots of blankets on me to be comforting. Besides making it a bit warmer, it helps me sleep easier, too.