Monday, March 25, 2013

I may or may not like weird music.

Today's music is brought to by PBS. Yep. Sometime last week I caught most of a spectacular documentary about the folk singer, Joan Baez. She was one of the most famous folk singers ever, (Despite crippling stage fright, which she suffered for years!) and she is intensely involved in spreading messages of peace. She has been to numerous warzones, and during the Vietnam War she protested the draft, repeatedly getting arrested, only to go right back to protesting.You can find more information on her website here.

This particular song was written about Bob Dylan. They toured together in the 1960's, and they were also romantically involved. Here's a link to the lyrics.


I love this song because we all have times in our life that are like this, so full of beautiful and terrible memories, and sometimes they come back to us, playing over and over like a movie reel. I love that this song is so honest about this particular time in her life. She lays their story, her emotions all out on the table.

I'm also in love with her voice. I encourage you to go listen to some of her other music. She's really fantastic.

2 comments:

  1. Once again earning your nickname of "the lost flowerchild" :-)

    -Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had to remind you, in case you'd forgotten. :)

      Delete