Monday, June 29, 2009

Word Vomit

That's what this blog's gonna be: word vomit. I haven't blogged in a while, too long, in fact. So this blog will be a long rambling mess of a summary of my life since the last blog entry.

My online class started last week. Values and Virtues. Required senior class at Concordia, in which we're taught how to form, vocalize, and analyze our... (you guessed it) Values and Virtues. I'm convinced that I would drown in this class had I not taken History of Theatre Directed Study this past semester. If I can take that class Directed Study, I can take pretty much any class. And I think I got a B in it, too. I was really pleased. But I'm distracted. The online discussion format is a little weird. I don't really feel like I have any idea who the other people in the class are. I realize it's only been one week, but I feel like if I were actually taking this class, I would know these people more than I do, even after one week. However, it does have its benefits. I feel like it gives us all the chance to respond more calmly than we would get in person. At least this is true for me. I tend to speak before I think, and so the written discussion format works best for me.

I (groan) STILL don't have a job. I registered at a Temp agency, and they have something for me at the beginning of July, which is rapidly approaching! Eek! I do, however have a lead on a babysitting job I found on Craigslist. I really hope she hires me...

On August 1st, I'm going to Texas to visit my grandparents! I'm so excited! I haven't been down there for a couple of years, and so I'm really anxious to get down there and see them. It's only a week-long trip; not like the three week long trips I used to take down there when I was younger. I'm so excited to go there. It's like home for me. When I think of summer, I think of their house.

Speaking of my grandparents, the last I've heard from my grandfather is that he's recieving the treatment very well. The symptoms are starting to go away, and he hasn't had very many side effects. I'm very thankful for that.

Also, I hate the America's Next Top Model theme song. "La la laaa laaaaa la la la." That all it is. It reminds me of the Schnuck's song on their commercials. [You'll really only understand that if you live in or around St. Louis.]

Also having to do with ANTM, I hate it when the judges tell people they're dull and have no personality. Maybe they're just reserved! There's nothing wrong with being reserved! It makes me so angry when the judges call them dull. Argh!

Ok, I think I'm done rambling. Hope you had fun. I know I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment