Thursday, February 24, 2011

Please Pray

Let me preface this entry by saying that
I believe in prayer.

I believe that God responds to our prayers,
even if it's in ways we don't expect.
I believe that praying for healing for someone
matters,
that God heals afflictions,
even now.

God's power is real.

Now,
a couple weeks ago I blogged about my grandfather,
my "papa" here.

For the past two years, he's been pretty okay.
I mean,
as "okay" as you can be with a cancer diagnosis.
But it's been pretty non-aggressive, hasn't been spreading.

Until now.

My dad just told me this morning
that Papa's CAT scans revealed that
it HAS been spreading.

And he starts chemotherapy next week.

I've been
praying
and praying
and praying
and praying

that God heals him,
because I know he can.

I want my Papa back.
I hated seeing him so tired and frail and fragile.

To clarify,
I'm not angry with God.

I know that sometimes these things just happen.
Bad stuff happens to good people,
and there's nothing we can do about it.

Maybe I was praying for the wrong thing.
But I can't figure out what else I
should
have been praying for.

But now my heart is breaking
all over again,
the way it did when I got back from Texas.

Now I'm just praying he makes it through chemo.

2 comments:

  1. I will definitely be praying for you, Leah. I'm glad you're not angry with God, though I wouldn't hold it against you if you were. It's beyond us to understand why any painful act happens in the world, but we can take comfort in knowing with certainty that joy is greater than any pain. Joy will be found, wether now or when we go to heaven, where pain is not possible and joy resounds forever.
    Lean not on your own understanding, and seek out joy to carry you through : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, and your Papa, are in my thoughts and prayers. If you need an ear or a shoulder, you know where to find me. I'm always here.

    ReplyDelete