But I was kind of busy today. I worked early today (after not sleeping last night), and then I had to nap because I didn't sleep.
But then I went out to dinner with Roommate AND GUYS, we went and saw Titanic in 3D.
So that's why this post is so late.
6 Reasons Why I Love Titanic
1. Leonardo DiCaprio. Fine, go ahead and laugh, but my reason is legit. My friends know that I admire him as an actor, not just because he's all cute and dreamy in Titanic. The reason why I like him so much is that he's such a dedicated actor. He completely commits himself to whatever character he is playing.
2. The Soundtrack. I mean besides Celine Dion's overemotional, overplayed rendition of "My Heart Will Go On." James Horner kills it with this soundtrack.
3. Speaking of the Music. The scene where the ship is sinking and the string quartet stays to play one last song, the one that breaks your heart? Yeah. I cry like a baby every time.
4. That Scene with the Dancing. Where Jack takes Rose to the party in steerage, with the drinking and the Irish music and dancing and she stands on her tiptoes like a badass? Yep. That's my favorite scene.
5. James Cameron Writes a Good Line.
-A woman's heart is a deep ocean of secrets.
-With all due respect, Miss, I'm not the one hanging off the back of a ship, here.
-They've got you trapped, Rose. And you're gonna die if you don't break free. Maybe not right away because you're strong but... sooner or later that fire that I love about you, Rose... that fire's gonna burn out...
-Ah, forget it, boyo. You're as like to have angels fly out your arse as get next to the likes of her.
I could list some more, but I won't. I'm sure you get the idea.
Yep. I cried, guys. Like a baby. But do you know why?
I cried because it was real. I cried because even though it was a fictional representation, 1500 people really died 100 years ago. People make movies mostly to make money and entertain people. Sometimes when we watch disaster movies that are based on actual events, we forget it was real. We forget that it involved real people, that living breathing beings died.
So please. The next time you watch a movie based on actual events, a movie which depicts death, please don't be too entertained.