Thursday, January 21, 2010

Moving (on)

So...I'm moving tomorrow. Into my first post-graduate apartment. And I'm kind of nervous. I'm moving to Branson, MO, to look for work there. Branson has a lot of shows and stuff, so there's a lot of theatres. I'm going to try to find a job at one of them. I'd rather not perform, but I'll take anything that pays the bills. I'd much rather be behind the scenes.

But I have family in Springfield which is about 45 minutes away, so it's not like I'll be completely alone. In fact, all three of my stepsisters live in the Springfield area, which is so weird. Two of them used to live out of state, but now live there. It's going to be nice having my stepsisters there. I didn't grow up with any of them, so I don't really feel like a sister sometimes. I really feel called to work on my relationships with my sisters. I didn't really have a plan for after graduation, and I think there's a reasonable amount of opportunity for me in Branson, so I decided that was my plan, mostly because it enabled me to be closer to my sisters.

But...I'm also nervous because I'm not really finished packing. about 50% of my clothes still aren't packed, not to mention most of the stuff in my room and bathroom. That's going to be my afternoon project, even though I'd much rather putz around on my NEW COMPUTER! (I'm super excited about it, but that's not the point.)

Another thing I'm nervous about is being able to get all my stuff down to Branson in one trip. We're taking cars, not renting a truck or anything. I think I'm going to set aside some boxes that can wait until later to go down, just in case.

Well, I think I've rambled on about this for far too long. I'm going to try to force myself to pack a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment