Monday, January 4, 2010

2009

Okay, so this is the post when I talk about how great or sucky 2009 was. I suppose it was a little of both.

I directed my first play, a one-act in the spring. And it was one of my most favorite experiences from college. I absolutely loved it. It made me realize that I would love to direct plays at a place like Concordia, a place that's concerned about learning, not only regarding actors but also techies and directors, too. I love directing.

The summer was sucky. Not only did I not find a job, but I was fighting all the time with my (then) boyfriend.

September brought the return of school (thank God!) but also the breakup with my boyfriend. And though it was difficult to deal with at the time, it really was for the best, and to be honest, I'm much happier. So, I guess it was a good thing disguised as something sucky. Which I guess is okay.

In November, I gave my senior voice recital, and it was AWESOME. If you didn't get to see it, boy you sure missed out. But I was surprised that so many people came. The band room was packed. Even sick people came to my recital. If you came and you're reading this, THANK YOU.

I also experienced my last semester in Kapelle, including last tour and last Lessons and Carols. Thank you, Kapelle, for a stellar last semester. I couldn't have asked for a better one. I will miss you all dearly, friends.

And the icing on the cake was that I graduated! To be honest, I wasn't too excited, since I have no life plan. That sounds stupid. Life plan. Realistically, who knows what they want to do for the rest of their lives right after the graduate from college? I have to remember that all of the church work and education majors at Concordia AREN'T representative of real circumstances. I know that most people don't have their whole lives figured out right out of college.

So what next? Well, I'm moving to Branson, MO. I'm even filling out apartment applications. I'm going to look for a job at a theatre there. Why Branson? All three of my stepsisters live in Springfield, which is about 45 minutes away.

Other than that, I have no clue what 2010 has in store for me. It'll be an adventure for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment