When I think about what my life would be like if you weren't in it, I start to panic a little. You know how I get. Rabid imagination and anxiety isn't exactly the greatest combination of personality traits to have. But I'm getting distracted. Because the point is, you're the greatest mom ever, because of a bajillion reasons. Life without you would be terrible.
- Because of your awesome hairstyle that is 100% cooler than mine. No lie.
- Because of your superior interior decorating. Seriously, you've got skills.
- How you always let me cuddle with you, even though I'm not little anymore.
- The way you can always talk me down from the ledge. (Figurative ledge guys, don't worry.)
- The way you're always there to talk me down from the ledge.
- The way I can call you at 10 o'clock at night and you'll sit and listen to me cry on the phone, just because I need my mommy.
- How you've been the voice of reason for me so many times.
- How you told me it was okay that I didn't have a plan for my life, that most people don't.
- How you managed to turn me into a well-adjusted, not-very-screwed-up adult, despite being a . . . high maintenance child.
I could keep listing things. I could probably fill a book with all of the reasons why I love you. And I'm sure you would read the whole thing, too.
But what all of this adds up to, is that you're the best mom anyone could ever ask for.
The words "I love you" just seem lame. Because I don't just love you. I don't have a word for it. But I'll say it anyway.
I love you, Mom.