Saturday, November 8, 2008

Come, Thou Fount of Ev'ry Blessing

Come, Thou Fount of ev'ry blessing,
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;
Streams of Mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise.
While the hope of endless glory
fills my heart with joy and love,
Teach me ever to adore Thee;
May I still thy goodness prove.

Oh, to grace how great a debtor
Daily I'm constrained to be;
Let that grace now like a fetter
Bind my wand'ring heart to Thee;
Prone to wander, Lord I feel it;
Prone to leave the God I love,
Here's my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above.

Oh, that day when freed from sinning,
I shall see thy lovely face;
Clothed then in the blood-washed linen,
How I'll sing Thy wondrous grace!
Come my Lord, no longer tarry;
Take my ransom'd soul away;
Send Thine angels soon to carry
Me to realms of endless day.

No comments:

Post a Comment