Thursday, June 9, 2011

Disappointment

I'm re-reading Edward Albee's Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
If you haven't read it, I seriously suggest it to you.
Or at least see the movie,
starring the late, fabulous Elizabeth Taylor.

It's a play about the games
people play when they're in relationships,
about the power struggle,
about the ways people hurt each other.

And it's making me wonder if it's worth it.
Being in a relationship,
risking your heart like that.
Going through the games, the power struggle.

Something deep inside tells me that
no love will ever be good enough.
No love other than God's love.
All will fall short and disappoint.
And I don't know if I can live with disappointment.

But at the same time,
I don't want to be alone.


I am such a walking contradiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment